Wednesday 31 October 2012

Face & Outfit of the Day ~ vintage vampires.

Spiked alice band ~ Topshop
Velvet dress ~ vintage from Etsy
Burgundy wedges ~ New Look
Inverted cross necklace ~ St Vicious

Black lipstick ~ Portland Black Lipstick Company
Red eyeshadow ~ Sugarpill in Love +
White eyeshadow ~ The Body Shop Eye Shimmer in 01
Black eyeshadow ~ from the Chilli Pepper palette
Eye primer ~ MUA Professional
  
(I absolutely stole most of this outfit title from the amazing Annika of The Pineneedle Collective because it's an awesome name.)
Halloween! I'm not actually doing anything for it, although the boyfriend and I have carved our annual pumpkin for the 3rd year running - for those of you who don't know his is a weighted companion cube from the game Portal, but I wanted to dress up a little bit anyway. I probably would've done a bit more in terms of make up but as always at the moment I've been a bit tight on time, nonetheless it was nice to play with my only Sugarpill product. I was inspired by the amazing makeup on all of the shop assistants in the Camden Cyberdog - by the looks of it their makeup was Sugarpill, and just gorgeous, there was this one girl who had blue hair and was dress liked a nurse and I pretty much stalked her for a small while.
Also, I've been meaning to show it for a while but look at my new necklace! The lovely (& talented) Sophie from St Vicious sent it to me after I featured it on this post and I love it so much! I also adore the fact that it's the same one as their mascot wears - "the Patron Saint of Blackeyes & Bloodynoses". The necklace also comes in pink, mirrored silver and without the rosary beads, but this version is definitely my favourite. It's sturdy and light, came in adorable, professional packaging and the acrylic has been cut so neatly, with absolutely not raged edges. Just perfect ♥.
The dress is something the boyfriend bought me ages ago when I reached 50 followers (yes, he is adorable) but until now I couldn't quite think of how to wear it which was shame since it is such good fit, but I really like giving it a vampy-goth twist.
Apart from Halloween life has slowed down just a touch since I handed in two assignments and had a statistics test (I don't know how much I managed to get 80%). I'm usually super excited for Guy Fawkes night but this time I'm working so I'll be missing all the fireworks, I can't tell you how heart broken I am. Also, I saw Loserville in London last weekend! It's basically like Big Bang Theory meets Glee which sounds blood-curdling but was actually really sweet (if not slightly predictable) and the songs and choreography were brilliant - even with the fake American accents!
What are you doing/did you do for Halloween?

10 comments:

  1. The dress and shoes are exquisite! I keep seeing really good red eyeshadow looks. I might have to invest in some. I also really like your pumpkins. It's so sweet that you and your boyfriend carve them together! I miss carving pumpkins with my family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goth what beautiful shoes abd dress. Amazing makeup- I love the cyber dog girls their makeup is always fantastic. Your eyes are wow!
    I never do anything for Halloween bit even pumkin carving :(
    X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) awh, thanks!!
      Awh, you should! It's super fun (as long as you don't mind slime all over your hands).

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Isn't it?! Me and the boyfriend chose it together.

      Delete
  4. Hi! L :)
    I love your style!

    Thanks for commenting on our blog.


    nori

    http://mari-to-nori.blogspot.jp

    ReplyDelete
  5. the whole look is amazing <3

    ReplyDelete

I really love to read what people have to say, so leave a comment, I'll definitely read it and always try to reply to questions!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...