Monday 6 February 2012

Outfit of the Day ~ acid snow

The way a crow

Shook down on me

The dust of snow

From a hemlock tree


Has given my heart

A change of mood

And saved some part

Of a day I had rued. 
- Robert Frost


Lips: Front Cover - Violaceous
To make this colour show up at all I had to use Rimmel's Clear Complexion coverstick as a base, which does not wipe off lips easily and clings to dry skin (cue very eery looking post-lipstick lips). I need a good lilac lipstick - I'm lusting Lime Crime's Chinchilla so bad.
 Socks: Hand-dyed
As you can see the back-drop isn't as interesting as usual, this is due to the fact that a) I overslept so we didn't have time to find a better location and b) didn't have boots to wander out into with the snow, so the boyfriend's bedroom window had to do! Do you like his Buzz Lightyear? I bought him that for his birthday!
Necklace: Primark
Jeans: Jist
Recently jeans have being receiving a lot of attention from designers and big labels with focus on unusual colours and bold patterns and it's all pretty new and exciting. However, this sort of stuff has been going on for ages in the alternative fashion scene. One of the companies that led the way and pretty much had (and still does) the market covered for interesting jeans is Jist. I first bought a pair of their skinny, hot pink leopard print jeans when I was about 15 and have loved them ever since, the only critic I have is that they are very low rise, which I know not everyone likes. When it came to choosing another pair it literally took me hours to decide (ask the boyfriend, he will concur). There is just such a range and at the moment and so much of it is relevant to current high street and catwalk trends, from vertical stripes (my fave are the classic black and white) to zebra print to polka dot. I chose acid wash because I've seen it creeping onto tumblr recently but I hadn't really found anywhere that sold anything like this (or at least, anything I could afford). Aren't they amazing ?
 Top: H&M
Apart from the jeans today's outfit is pretty simple. Although I have to say I'm in love with this top from H&M, I have another in a different pattern from last season, but this time I went one size bigger (got it in Large) and I love how big and floaty it is and the fabric is so soft. It's casually gothic, which I really dig. Also, as you can see my hair is in desperate need of some care, it's been 2.5 months since I dyed it purple so it's time for something new (I've already decided on my new colour so look out for a post on that).
 Eyeliner: Yves Rocher - Luminelle Eye-liner Pinceau
As always all photos are taken by the wonderfully talented boyfriend, find him on tumblr. Oh! And I want to say hi to all my new followers! I seriously get thrilled every time I get a new one so to have like 10 in a week has made my month! Thank you!

Disclaimer: Jeans were given to me, however opinions are entirely unbiased.

1 comment:

  1. Violet, you're turning violet! I love your style lady!

    lovelovelove,
    autumn jordan
    http://we-are-infinite.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I really love to read what people have to say, so leave a comment, I'll definitely read it and always try to reply to questions!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...