Monday 21 November 2011

Stained Purple ~ freshly dyed hair.

 
{Purple washes over me  
Seeping through my open seams  
I'm stained all over.}
- Skin, Purple


Finally! I've redyed my hair. The roots were getting ridiculous and my previous colour was well and truely faded. After about 6 hours of re-bleaching and dying this is the glorious result. Obviously it wouldn't have turned out nearly as well as it has if it hadn't been for the aid of Nic, one of my super best friends. I am so pleased with the result! It's such a gorgeous rich colour and varies in shade in different lights. So far I've noticed under artifical light it looks bluer and in the sun some reddy-purple tones comes out, and just generally there are loads of subtle differences in colour. 


 To get this colour we used a mixture of mainly Directions in Plum and added a bit of Rusk Scream in Purple Burst that I had left over from a previous partially purple look I had. I've never used Directions before but I've heard good things so I thought I'd try it out.

I love the contrast of the green of the grass and my hair. 
The boyfriend did a good job of avoiding any photos where the skin on my ears or neck is very clear since they're currently both tinted purple. I'm never very careful when I dye my hair so I generally end up with odd coloured skin for a few days as well. My pillows are slowly going purple as well, since not all the dye washes out after the first wash.
 
When we went outside to do some photos one of my cats, Nuage (snow in french) decided she wanted to be involved as well. I think she completely steals this shot. So unfair!


 And on the super plus side, my nails match my hair at the moment! 
Also, I thought I'd mention that if you're looking for a good, cheap supplier for Directions (as well as Manic Panic and Crazy Color I would highly recommend this website.

25 comments:

  1. I totally LOVE IT! love the tone, is perfect really <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. It´s great.

    http://paquetevistasbien.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, you look so great with purple hair! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much, you're too kind! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice colour.. it has some shades of pink too!!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I never noticed but I guess you're right :)

      Delete
  6. oh wow! it dyed so well, u cant see ur real color shine through anywhere! xx http://www.livingasunnyworld.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. :) thanks.
    You can't see any colour because I bleached before and then made sure when it was dyed everything was saturated.

    Elle x

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love unnatural haircolors, that purple is stunning! I wish they were'nt so hard to keep with the bleaching and how much they fade by showering just once :(

    ReplyDelete
  9. Although having to bleach my roots whenever they grow is annoying this dye doesn't wash out, it bleeds a lot for sure but it's barely changed shade since I dyed it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. this is the most amazing coloured purple hair ever!! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love how it turned out! Did you bleach to near white, and how long was the dye on for?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When I bleached it it went a mixture of orange and yellow, nowhere near white.
      And I left the dye in for a few hours, about 3 probably.
      :) thanks for the comment.

      Delete
  12. Where are the colour from? manic panic? Directions? :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Do you think I can achieve a similar result without the purple burst :o ?

    by the way, snow means Neige. Nuage is cloud in French (french is my mother tongue)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I didn't use that much Purple Burst.
      Omg, you're right! French is my first language too, but I apparently I was half asleep when I wrote this :P

      Delete
  14. Hi! Just came across your blog when I google-d Plum by Directions.

    In your opinion, would it turns into purple color (or maybe dark purple) if I just dye it on unbleached hair? My hair is dark brown by the way

    ReplyDelete

  15. Hey !
    I'm french so you should know that "Nuage" means cloud (absolutly not snow) :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. OMG! Im so happy found your blog! o love your hair color, specially this one!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Did you know that you can shorten your urls with AdFly and earn money for every visit to your short links.

    ReplyDelete

I really love to read what people have to say, so leave a comment, I'll definitely read it and always try to reply to questions!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...