Friday 27 January 2012

Book of the Moment ~ What Shall I Wear Today?

I know "moment" is a bit of a cop-out but I don't know how often I'll do a little feature like this (which I'd like to do with some fair regularity) so "month" or "week" may not be appropriate.

Now to the actual review.
No doubt many of you have heard of the oh so fashionable rabbit that is Fifi Lapin, she even has her own fashion blog where she submit "photos" of her in the most recent designer looks. About a year ago she bought out a book called What Shall I Wear Today? I had thought about buying it but was a bit skint at the time so instead my beautiful boyfriend surprised me with it as a random gift.
First of all, I love this book! But of course I do, or else I wouldn't be featuring it now, would I? It is just such a perfect combination of funny, informative and cute. I love seeing a rabbit dressed in the most cutting edge designers whilst giving me fashion advice and the advice given is sound; good makeup, DIY and styling tips that every girl should know. All this is given in lovely illustrated forms, because if there's one thing this book has got going for it it's the visuals, from the fashion drawings to the bright geometric backgrounds it's a feast for the eyes.
Another great thing about this is it's one of those books that doesn't need to be read cover to cover (although I have), you can open it any old where and read as much or as little as like you, or you can just browse the pictures and take inspiration. All in all a really lovely, unexpectedly insightful book and worth the £12.99 RRP. Perfect as a birthday gift for the fashion loving friend.
 On a slightly unrelated note the voting for New Look's Style Star competition is still open so if you've got 2 seconds I'd really appreciate you voting. Tell me if you do as well! You can vote for me here.

3 comments:

  1. I´d like to read this book. It looks interesting! kisses http://trendytips-trendygirls.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've read this book and it's so cute!
    I love the bunny illustrations :)

    http://primpedandprimed.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute. I'm pretty into fashion books. Maybe I should check this out. My most recent favorites are the What I Wore book by blogger Jessica Quirk and the P.S. I Made This book. I'm also super looking forward to the upcoming Cupcakes and Cashmere one. I think it would be so great to have blogging blossom into a book deal one day. What a dream! :)

    Thanks for stopping by my blog!

    ReplyDelete

I really love to read what people have to say, so leave a comment, I'll definitely read it and always try to reply to questions!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...