Thursday 29 November 2012

Nail of the Day ~ Utopian Ocean.

 Used:
Models Own ~ Utopia
Models Own ~ Indian Ocean

Utopia is a nail varnish I had seen around the blogosphere and during Models Own 50% sale last month I bought it, along with Indian Ocean, which is part of their Bettlejuice line - a collection of gorgeous duochrome polishes. Indian Ocean is a shimmering ice blue varnish with a clear base, it shifts to rose gold with hints of violet. With most of my duochromes (example here) I usually layer them on top of black, because this lets the shifting effect really pop, but this time I decided to go for a more subtle effect, so I layered Indian Ocean on Utopia which is a really pretty, dusty nude pink. I love both colours so I couldn't bring myself to cover all of Utopia. Although I did find Utopia was a bit watering and needed 3 layers.
What's your favourite, nude colours or duochromes?

8 comments:

  1. wow both of these colours are beautiful!
    i love the nude but the utopia is amazing too- i would wear them together like you
    plus im really jealous of how well youve painted them- great skill
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :P Utopia is the nude one, Indian Ocean is the duochrome one.
      But thank you! Haha, I was lucky this time, usually I am so messy.

      Delete
  2. ooo the indian ocean one is gorgeous! def need to give it a shot! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. the blue is amazing
    http://georginagoodman.blogspot.co.uk
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just found your blog, and I'm in love with it.
    Keep up the great work. :)

    ReplyDelete

I really love to read what people have to say, so leave a comment, I'll definitely read it and always try to reply to questions!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...