Tuesday 13 November 2012

Galaxy Cascade ~ freshly dyed hair.


Dyes used: La Riche Directions -Midnight Blue
La Riche Directions - Plum
Renbow Color Crazy - Fire
Renbow Color Crazy - Cyclamen

Finally! I've finally re-dyed my hair! I am so happy.
Thanks to a two day stay in with BBF1 & BBF2. The plan was to do a dip dye gradient from dark blue to purple to lilac and maybe do the same with my fringe but that plan changed slightly.
It actually took much longer than expected - this was the first time we had bleached over black box dyed hair and it turns out it's a lot harder than just bleaching natural hair. On the first day we bleached it and the next day we went out and bought some colour stripper, then used that and did two more bleaches and it still wasn't light enough for going blue (because blue + orange = brown). On the last day BBF1 spent literally 12 hours working on my hair further, including colour striping and bleaching it again. We then decided to do some strand tests because I had thought if it wasn't light enough for blue and purple then I'd just dye it pink and red since I had some of that lying around (the pros of always dying hair various colours - there's always something kicking about). The result of the strand test just made me want both, so that's kind of what we did: mainly a blue to indigo to purple gradient, which also turned out the have some turquoise as well, and then a strand of red to pink! It's like a dysfunctional rainbow!
BFF1 said it looked like galaxy hair and that pretty much made my life - as did she, by the end of it we were both worn down and delirious but it was totally worth! A lot more subtle that my usual choices but I think it looks amazing. (Excuse my pretty gormless face in these photos, it was just one of those days)
If you want to see previous colours (including purple and turquoise) go heeerree.

So, what do you think? Anyone else dyed their hair recently? Let me know!

12 comments:

  1. I remember the difficulty if lightening black dyed hair all to well- I nearly ended up bald going blond- and one if the biggest reasons I'm now ginger is I liked the orange transgression going lighter.
    Your hair looks amazing- my fav bit has to be that streak of fuschia closely followed by your fringe :) well worth the effort in my book.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is massively difficult, I could've done with some warning :P should've looked into it really.
      Awh, thank you! I'm pretty happy with it too.

      Delete
  2. I absolutely love it! I really wish I didnt have a boring corporate job and could be more experimental with my hair like when I was younger! I even got rid of my ombre for my wedding this saturday. I am now boring brown all over. sucks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no! Why did you get rid of it?? I bet it's lovely and healthy though, whereas mine just falls apart in my hands.

      Delete
  3. Oooh these are galaxy colors indeed! I can picture it with little stars shining through the locks =) Very beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heh heh, I'm sure there's some way I could mimic that.

      Delete
  4. Such a cute post!
    I am your new follower,would love if you would follow me back!
    Kisses!

    http://countryoffashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your hair gorgeous girl xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Geeesh I love this, especially your gradient fringe! x

    ReplyDelete

I really love to read what people have to say, so leave a comment, I'll definitely read it and always try to reply to questions!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...