Sunday 5 August 2012

Nail of the Day ~ the sky at night.

Using: 
Barry M ~ black multi glitter
Max Factor ~ Dazzling Blue

Both of these varnishes look amazing in the bottle; the Barry M one has lots of silver holographic glitter in a black base, however on the nails it's slightly disappointing, it dries grainy and the glitter doesn't sparkle like it does in the bottle, but for whatever reason I still like it and I'm sure it would have looked better if I hadn't forgotten to put a top coat on. It also transpired that the grainy texture sort of helped with the whole cosmic effect, I think? Dazzling Blue is an amazing duo chromatic blue/green, with glints of purple, pink and orange at different angles. I imagine those different colours become more prominent depending on what base colour you use, on black it's primarily green.
I'd been wanting to do something with these two polishes together and finally got round to it. After a lot of indecision and experimenting (including that one cresent moon stencil) I decided to try some kind of galaxy effect. There are loads of bloggers who have done tutorials and theirs looked way better than mine (I'm guessing because they used more than 2 colours) but I like how multi-chromatic Dazzling Blue is - the photos really don't do it justice. What I totally didn't realise until finishing is that the colours match my hair!
That's all for now! Anyone else tried cosmic themed nailart? I'd love to see it!

2 comments:

  1. WOW. This is the best manicure. And it matches your hair so well! I may have to get that black glitter. Even if it's not super sparkly, I love the effect it gives.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) thank you! I'm glad you like it.
      And yeah, it is a really cool, twinkley effect.

      Delete

I really love to read what people have to say, so leave a comment, I'll definitely read it and always try to reply to questions!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...